You may be in need of an effective detoxification program if you are experiencing skin problems, digestive discomfort, chronic fatigue, or weight gain.
Cleansing and weight loss goes hand-in-hand. The first step in the weight loss process is for your body to rid itself of toxins before burning the fat. Toxins are eliminated from the body through sweat, urine and fecal matter.
That is why we notice a decrease in water retention before we can see a change in fat and cellulite reduction.
Every minute of the day our bodies work towards cleansing in order to minimize the negative effects of toxins (such as skin problems, digestive discomfort, chronic fatigue, or weight gain).
By assisting your body in the detoxification process, you are lessening the load your system must undergo to operate effectively at increasing metabolic rates. And we all know that an increase in metabolism equates to an increase in weight loss.
There are many different herbal supplements you can use to jump start your detoxification program. Drop by your local health food store and speak with one of their professionals to find out what your product options are.
However, be sure to consult with your physician beforehand for a list of ingredients you should avoid, based upon your medical conditions.
What to Expect During Your Cleanse?
During your cleansing and detoxification program try to avoid the following foods:
1. Avoid Fried Foods
2. Avoid foods high in Sodium
3. Avoid processed foods like Flour, Sugar, Butter or Margarine & White Rice
4. Avoid Sugary Foods, Candy and Sugary Beverages
5. Avoid Canned Food and Boxed Food
6. Reduce your Cheese & Dairy intake
7. Reduce your Beef and Pork intake
8. Avoid Artificial Ingredients
9. Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine
10. Avoid Hydrogenated fats
Also, avoid taking long road trips or plane flights during your cleansing program, and stay close to a private bathroom at all times.
During your cleansing and detoxification program try to consume the following foods:
1. Water: Hydration helps to battle hunger and wash away toxins (try adding lemon to stimulate digestion).
2. Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
3. Fish & Lean Meats
5. Green Tea
6. Low-fat Butter Substitutes and Low-fat Creams & Sauces
7. Olive Oil, Flaxseed Oil
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
9. Fresh Herbs, Ginger Root, and Garlic: they help to speed metabolism and aid in detoxification.
10. Whole Wheat all natural Fiber substances: bread, flaxseed, others.
Following a well planned detoxification program can be the key to helping you loss those extra pounds you have been struggling with for years. Some like to refer to it as “The Last 10 Pounds”.
Although detoxing is the best way to jump-start any weight loss program; you must keep in mind that detoxing with any supplements such as pills or herbal teas can be taxing on the liver.
Therefore, it is always a good idea to take liver stimulants before and after your detoxification program.
What are Liver Stimulants?
Liver stimulants are substances that assist the liver in its filtering role. The liver works hard daily to filter the blood in our entire body several times a day. It breaks down toxins and sends them through the digestive system to be eliminated. By assisting the liver at its job, the detoxification process will be improved one-hundred fold.
1. Milk Thistle: delivers silymarin, which plays a role in liver cell protection and regeneration.
2. Artichoke Extract: is closely related to milk thistle, but it delivers the liver protective compound known as cynarin.
3. Dandelion Root: stimulates the liver and bile production for more efficient removal of toxins.